Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Adoption Day, Jesse Taylor!

Friday was a joyful day at FLS - placement day!  These are the days that I work for...days that cannot be compared to any other.  I often think of placement day as the ultimate celebration of God's faithfulness to a birth family, an adoptive family, and a precious child. 

The Godparent Home was adorned with baby blue decorations and photos of a tiny miracle - Jesse Taylor (3 weeks old).  Some of the sweetest moments take place just before placement as the birth mother, Chrizar, visits with the baby and checks him to make sure that he is dressed perfectly to meet his new parents.  The adoptive family, Craig and Marti, gather with their five-year-old daughter, Chloe, and their extended family in nervous anticipation of meeting the newest member of the family.  Once Jesse Taylor enters the room, everyone is captivated by the baby and the quiet strength of his birth mother, an amazing young woman whom we all have grown to love and adore.  This is a celebration.

Pictures will be posted this week.  Congratulations to Craig, Marti, and Chloe!  I Samuel 1:27 "For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to Him." 

God is good,
Deanne

1 comment:

Janelle said...

What an amazing day for all involved!

Related Posts with Thumbnails