Thursday, March 18, 2010

Keep on seeking, and you will find...

This morning, I read the very familiar words of Matthew 7:7 (NIV), "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."  The word that hit home for me was seek.   I stopped in my tracks and thought about that one, tiny, but very significant word that means "to look for, to search for, to explore, to try to find."  The New Living Translation puts it this way, "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."  The question I pondered is this - do I seek God in the same manner that I seek for other things in my life?  Do I search for him like a hungry man searches for bread?  Do I have the longing in my soul to find the things that only He can reveal to His child?  Here's the kicker...Do I seek Him only when my life is full of problems or do I seek Him constantly, consistently, every day?

If I seek more passionately when I am in trouble, I wonder if God uses those things in my life to draw me close to Him and keep me near.  I don't want to become so self-sufficient that I only take the time to seek when I need a solution to a problem.  I am reminded this morning that I need Him every minute, every hour, every day.     

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails